Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Property IsPrimaryFile is not available for DataFile

Hi all,
I posted this following difficulty in
microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming forum.But could not get a
single answer.So I posted this here also.
I have restored a database in SQL SERVER 2005.After restoring the
database, I can make query on that particular database.But problem is
when I right click on the database name(to open the properties etc.),
I am getting the following error ....
TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
Cannot show requested dialog.
--
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
Cannot show requested dialog. (SqlMgmt)
--
Property IsPrimaryFile is not available for DataFile
'[FINSIEBPRD01_Data]'. This property may not exist for this object,
or
may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights.
(Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
As per the suggestion of Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP, I have changed the
compatibility level to 90, but still I am getting the problem.
Please help.
Regards,
MukutThis may sound silly, but double check the logical file names in sql 2005
after the restore. I just had this exact same problem, and after lots of
head-scratching noticed that SOMEHOW the logical filenames were different
after the restore to sql 2005. In my case I had 'jobsafe_dataa' and
'jobsafe_logg' instead of 'jobsafe_data' and 'jobsafe_log'. I simply used
the following to rename the logical files back to what they were, and it
works fine thereafter.
ALTER DATABASE pubs
MODIFY FILE (NAME = pubs, NEWNAME = pubs_data)
Let me know if that helps
Michael
"Mukut" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I posted this following difficulty in
> microsoft.public.sqlserver.programming forum.But could not get a
> single answer.So I posted this here also.
> I have restored a database in SQL SERVER 2005.After restoring the
> database, I can make query on that particular database.But problem is
> when I right click on the database name(to open the properties etc.),
> I am getting the following error ....
> TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
> Cannot show requested dialog.
> --
> ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
> Cannot show requested dialog. (SqlMgmt)
> --
> Property IsPrimaryFile is not available for DataFile
> '[FINSIEBPRD01_Data]'. This property may not exist for this object,
> or
> may not be retrievable due to insufficient access rights.
> (Microsoft.SqlServer.Smo)
> As per the suggestion of Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP, I have changed the
> compatibility level to 90, but still I am getting the problem.
> Please help.
>
> Regards,
> Mukut
>

No comments:

Post a Comment